In the age of 'Oh! There is an app for that!' on everyone's smart phone, I thought I would take some time this morning and throw out a few ideas for phone apps that I would like to see. Here is my wish list for all you app inventors out there. Please get started on making these, because I would certainly buy them:
1) The Crying Baby App: Have you ever been in a public place such as a grocery store, movie theatre or airplane and had to stand or sit next to a child that was screaming and crying continually? Would it not be cool to have an app on your phone that you just point at the child, tap a button and get immediate silence? Take that one and run with it app inventors! Please!
2) The Abusive Parent Remedy App: Similar to the 'crying baby app' in terms of annoyance level is the abusive parent in a public place profile. Have you ever experienced being in a store and hearing a child in the company of an adult say something to their parent, or just do something 'kid like' and recieve a loud vociferous abusive response from a parent who is putting on the airs of being a disciplinarian of the child for the benefit of all within earshot? This perhaps annoys me more than anything else in society. Hearing a parent verbally abuse or threaten a child in a public place for some sort of imagined theatrical audience of others within their vicinity disgusts me. I would like an app that you can point at the parent in this situation, tap on it and instantly it installs manners, patience and general decency into their universe. Wow, what a change that would make in Wal-Mart aisles at Christmas time!
3) Loud Vibrating Automobile with Tasteless Music Remedy App: Have you ever experienced someone who spends all their money on an expensive stereo for their car who thinks that sharing their taste in music in loud obnoxious noises, thumping and vibrating as they drive down a road is something enjoyed by all? They frequently pause at stoplights near your place of business, cruise through public places or drive through your neighborhood at 3:00am in the morning making a racket oblivious that few others in the world share their tasteless choice in music. Would it not be awesome to have an app on your phone that remedies that? Here is an awesome idea! How about an app that allows you to simply point your iPhone at their obnoxious booming and vibrating automobile and when you tap it, it instantly drains the cells in their car battery and makes the entire car go dead, requiring them to have to push it home! Love it! This would be incredibly usefull!
4) Customer Qualifier App: This app would be incredibly useful in any business situation. Everyone in real estate has probably experienced spending time with a client, devoting time to answering their questions, showing houses, etc. Only to find out later that they are not even remotely qualified to purchase a home due to bad credit, or some other reason. Wouldn't it be great to have an app for your phone that you simply point at them and 'Boom' instantly they are qualfied? Every person in sales would pay triple for that app, I guarantee it!
5) The Suitable Clothing App: Have you ever experienced being invited to an event and been told it was 'business professional attire' and arrive to find everyone wearing shorts at a BBQ while you are in a sport jacket and tie? Or the reverse, being told the dress code was 'casual' and arrived to find everyone in your party is dressed more formal than casual, making you feel like the odd duck in the lot as you wear a T-shirt and jeans? How about a phone app that instantly changes whatever you are wearing to being more suitable for the occasion with just one click? Got to have that one!
6) The Odor Removal App: Ever been in a public place or perhaps been to someones house and encountered an awful odor that everyone else seems to be putting up with due to olfactory fatigue? How about an app that you can open and it immediately remedies the disgusting smells in the environment, and suggests optional more pleasing smells to replace it with? Totally cool idea! Run with that one app makers please!
7) Room for Dessert Without Remorse App: Have you ever gone out to eat dinner at a new restaurant, and had a nice filling meal and then have the waiter or waitress show you the dessert menu and find out there are items on there that are too tasty to pass up? The only trouble you have is that you are full and will most likely regret eating it if you had room when you step on the scale the next day? Well this is where the 'Room for Dessert Without Remorse App' would come in handy. You just open up your smart phone, tap the app and wallah! You have room for dessert and you will not gain any weight from eating it! What a pleasure that would be!
8) The Right Choice App: Have you every been to a store and not been able to choose between which article of clothing to buy, and then finally choosing one and later discovering that the other one you passed on would have been a better choice? How about in the dating world when you passed up a date with someone who later turned out to be rich, famous and incredibly happy with someone else? Would it not be awesome to have a phone app that makes the right choice for you? Just tap and boom, you make the right choice!
9) Annoying/Grumpy/Moody Person Remedy App: Have you ever been in the company of someone who is just grumpy, moody or downright annoying? Would it not be awesome to have an app you can point at them, tap it and they suddenly change to being happy, pleasant and general good company? What a best seller that would be!
10) Honest Intelligent Politician App: What about an app that you can point at anyone who is in political office and 'Zap!' they are immediately converted into an honest, intelligent and truthful person! What a change that would be to politics around the world! It certainly would make it easier to choose our elected leaders!
11) Write My Blogpost App: Ever get too busy or lazy to sit down and write a blog post on your blog? How about an app that you simply tap and it converts an idea you are thinking about into an awesome blog post, adds photos, videos, etc. and uploads it live to your blog site with one click! Totally cool!
12) The Offended Person Online Remedy App: I hope you have enjoyed this blog post. It was all in good fun, and hopefully I did not offend anyone with my suggestions. (Hey that could be another great app! The 'Offended Person Online Remedy App!')
If you enjoyed this post, please take time to recommend it to others!
Perhaps someone will get busy and make these apps a reality! (Keeping my fingers crossed!) Let's hope these apps get created soon! I am sure we could all benefit from these!
Perhaps you have a few others you can suggest to add to the list?
Have a great day!
Looking for Southwest Michigan Real Estate? Just Call Michael!
He is your key to the best homes in the region!
2010 'REALTOR OF THE YEAR'
For the Battle Creek Area Association of Realtors
Copyright © Photos and Content by Michael Delaware REALTOR® All Rights Reserved
Read these eBooks written by Michael Delaware:
(Click on these cover images to order!)
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain